Call for Abstracts
How to Submit
All submissions for abstracts, papers must be submitted through EasyChair, an online conference management system. You will need to create an EasyChair account in order to submit your abstract. Abstracts are to be pasted into the textbox provided on the EasyChair site.
All submitted abstracts will be blind-reviewed and evaluation by a review committee. Each abstract will be reviewed with respect to the stated topic under which it was submitted in order to ascertain the following:
- Whether the subject matter is relevant and suitable
- Whether the instructions and presentation format requirements were followed; and
- The overall quality of the abstract.
Criteria for evaluating the quality of abstracts include originality of ideas, conciseness of the presented methods and results, clarity of theoretical and/or applied implications, and quality of writing. All submitters are bound by copyright rules and distribution of material law.
A maximum of 300 words is accepted for the abstract. A template for the preparation of papers can be found in the Downloadable Templates section below.
Paper & Presentation
Presentations of papers that are accepted for inclusion in the Summit program will be limited to 20 minutes. Abstracts are not to exceed 300 words. A template for full paper submission is available here. (paper published in proceedings; author gives presentation during Summit program)
– All correspondence will be sent to the e-mail address of the abstract submitter. It is the responsibility of the abstract submitter to distribute the information to any presenting authors/co-authors.
– The abstract title and abstract will be printed in the program as entered. Please use Title Case for title; do not use all caps in the title or abstract.
– The online submission system will not accept abstracts longer than 300 words.
– If the submitter is an author on the abstract, they must include their own name and affiliation among the listed authors.
– Requests for changes to the title of your paper must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and approved prior to August 19th, 2016.
Authors are required to submit a Copyright Transfer Form. This form is available from the mocsummit.com website, and can be uploaded to EasyChair after you receive confirmation that your paper has been accepted.
Participation / Registration
By submitting an abstract to the MOC Summit, abstract authors are agreeing that at least one author will be able to present on the date and at the time assigned by the organizing committee in order to secure inclusion in the Summit program and published proceedings (for Paper & Presentation option—see below). Please note that all contributors on submitted abstracts planning to attend the MOC Summit (including presenters) are required to complete a registration form and pay the registration fee by March 15th, 2019. Abstracts for which at least one author/presenter is not registered by March 15th, 2016 will automatically be withdrawn from the program.
Cancellation & No-Show Policy
If no author or co-author is able to attend the MOC Summit to present in person, the paper must be withdrawn in advance (by September 1st, 2016) so that an alternate paper may be substituted. Please note that there will be a cancellation penalty for paper withdrawals after September 1st, 2016 (20% of registration fee).
If you have any questions regarding the abstract/paper submission process, please email email@example.com